- Automatic synchronization
- Both ways metadata synchronization
- URL asset management
Goal of the Akeneo & Bynder connector
This connector is used to transfer:
- send SKU to Bynder so it’s easy to link the assets to your products or product models
- assets from a Bynder environment to an Akeneo PIM
- data from Akeneo to Bynder
The data exchanges use the API of both applications.
To create assets in the right Akeneo asset family, the configuration will be used and send each asset in the corresponding asset family.
The link between the asset and the product will be created thanks to the Akeneo native “Product link rule” feature. This version of the connector will automatically retrieve information from the DAM and send it to the PIM. It can also be used to get information from Akeneo and send it to Bynder
Automatically import visuals
The assets in the PIM will be created using only URLs and the binary will be left on Bynder side.
Thanks to this:
- you can see the product images in the PIM product list and product page.
- only the URL will be sent to the channels and the binaries remain on Bynder CDN.
- And also you can use the Akeneo Product Link Rules to automatically link an asset to a product : Documentation of the Product Link Rules
Send attribute values to Bynder metadata
It can be useful to send information from Akeneo to Bynder.
For example, if you want to have more filters into your DAM environment. With the connector you will have the possibility to choose the attributes from Akeneo and define which metadata will be filled.
Send SKU/Product Model Codes to Bynder
To easily link your assets to your product, one solution is to put the SKUs identifier in a Bynder metadata.
You can configure the connector to send your SKU or Product Model Code (and a label from the product/product model) into a Select2 attribute in Bynder.
It will be easy to find your SKU and you will be sure that the value is correct. With this, the links between assets and product are easy.
The connector allows also to send other Product information in other Select 2.
(See the configuration page to have more information : here)
Asset for many products
If you want to assign a same asset to many different products but the Akeneo native feature is not enough for you, you can use the « Multiple Products Association » feature of the connector.
It’s simple :
- In Bynder, fill a metadata with the SKUs you want to associate to your asset
- Let the connector link the asset to theses products using the metadata information.
Due to the Akeneo’s cache system, if a new version of an asset is updated in Bynder, in Akeneo, the thumbnail will not be updated.